Friday 19 October, 2007

FYI...





Firefox+YouTube+iPod Nano


Let's suspend spiritual posts that I've been posting for a while :), this time let's try something different ... "Uth"... so I chose techie stuff this time for this post...

Umm, I'm fed up with the acronym FYI, hundreds of mails from my peers which just has this ... :S Why not modify the acronym in Gubbi's style ? Yo baby!!! here we go...

Let me start this post first with breakup, that make the FYI... "F" next.

Firefox, also by various names Fx, FF is an awesome browser whose roots are from Navigator. Being a fervent admirer of Google and the growing hostility towards the Microsoft, it couldn't have been much better. Believe me, it's a better browser when compared to Internet Explorer, explanations later, let me rush into... "Y" next.

YouTube, obviously a Youth icon... this site has a huge collection of videos and I cannot imagine, I'm sure you ain't miss the rarest of the videos as well here, we can upload videos to this site as well, again this's into Google's belly now... "i" next.

iPod Nano, hot!!! "i" has become such a common letter in use these days, the Apple way. I recently bought this from amazon along with a Canon digital camera. I was initially very much excited about the camera, but when I had a hands-on experience with Nano, I came to realize about it's beauty. Kudos! the videos.

Ok enough of talk now, here's how the FYI works.

  1. F for Firefox, don't misinterpret it pls... only applicable for dirtyminds :)
    Once you've installed the Mozilla Firefox onto your computer, it's time to install a Video downloader extension from Firefox Add-ons, any of these works.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3590
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4318
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3516
    So, we are all set now, if you right click on embedded videos, you should somehow find an option "Download video"..
  2. Y for YouTube
    Go to YouTube website www.youtube.com and choose the video you want to download, these videos usually are in FLV format which you can convert to MPEG4 using freeware converters like Videora, try one below..
    http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-nano/
  3. i for iPod nano
    Now here comes the turn to sync the videos into iPod nano. Use iTunes software to sync the converted videos onto your nano.
I hope this info would be useful, catch you next time with another Gubbi-styled post... take care.

2 comments:

Raghu said...

Good post mate...... the gubbi style ...... well yep iPod rocks!!!!

Abhijit Apte said...

thnx le...